Buying Club Info - New Members
Welcome to Cool Springs Buying Club - It's easy!
- You place an order directly with us via our online shopping cart in the "ordering week" for your location - a FULL WEEK ending on the Wednesday before the delivery day(if you are on the mailing list you will be reminded at some point in the week)
- We put your order together here at the farm.
- We send you an email with your order total and delivery details
- You meet us at the delivery location at the specified time and date.
- You bring a check or cash. If you wish, you could also bring your own container or bag to transfer your items to take home in.
- Take your products home to enjoy!
- Arrive at your drop location at the appropriate time
- Give us you name, we find your reciept and you pay with check or cash
- Find your box (they will be in semi-alphabetical order)
- Check to make sure your entire order of frozen products is there.
- Pick up your eggs off the table if you ordered some.
COOL SPRINGS FOOD BUYING CLUB PROTOCOL
- Deliveries for Regina, Ft Qu'appelle, Yorkton, Canora are the 2nd Saturday of the month.
- Deliveries for Saskatoon, Humbolt, Watson, Kelvington are 4th Saturday of the month.
- For all delivery locations, the order deadline is the Wednesday before the delivery day.
- You must be present at time of delivery or we will not leave your order (unless you have made prior arrangements). If we take your order home, there is a $15 restocking fee.
- Refunds: If you received an incorrect product, you must notify us within 48 hours of delivery for a full refund. Any product spoiled AT THE TIME OF DELIVERY will be fully refunded.
- The standard customer price list is for retail by-the-piece products. Cheaper bulk buying is also seasonally available. This includes split halves, halves and wholes of beef; halves and wholes of hogs. Order three months in advance.
- Special items like gizzards can be obtained with enough notice. Only routine items with routine sales can be inventoried and routinely offered. Everything else takes special communication.
- Seasonal fluctuations occur because we are a farm, not a warehouse. You won't receive an item ordered if we are temporarily out of stock - But if you are open to substitutions (i.e. sirloin tip roast for round roast; fresh ham roast for Boston Butt) let us know on the order and you stand a high chance of getting a fuller order. We encourage patrons to utilize naturally abundant items: sausage, ground beef, ham roasts, and nonbreast chicken parts. The whole animal must be used in order to be profitable.
- On-farm sales customers receive first priority from our inventory; buying clubs are second, restaurants are third, and wholesale will be fourth.
- Transportation and profitability constraints require that each drop-off location maintain a $1,000 sales average.
- We give a $10 product credit per verifiable and traceable referral. We depend on current patrons to bring others on board.
- All transactions are done via check or cash at this time.
- We welcome and encourage all buying club patrons to visit the farm to see first hand how their food is raised!
Please Note: You must be present or have someone representing you to receive your order. We will not leave it if no one is there to pay for it and pick it up. Also, we are on a tight schedule - please do not be late. We cannot wait for you.
Our deadlines are firm please be sure your order is in on time! We will not process your order after the cut-off.
Tip: Please read the newsletter we send out. It is our only method of communicating what is going on. You should find it most helpful in ordering. It also will keep you up on product availability and any specials we have.
Important: The evening before a delivery, we will send you a short email with your order total, as well as a reminder of the time and place of the pick-up.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
When you check out, you will be asked to agree to these terms. Please read the following information carefully:.
- I understand that Cool Springs Ranch only accepts cash or check upon the day of delivery. NO post-dated checks without asking.
- If I miss my appointment with Cool Springs and do not pick up my order, I will be charged a $15 restocking fee.
- All canceled orders must be given 48 hours notice.
- Lastly, I understand that if I do not receive an email order confirmation, that my order has not been processed and is probably still in my shopping cart. There are several steps to placing an order and I will continue those steps until I have seen the "Your order is completed" page.